Marketing Operations Associate
Under Armour is all about performance. Because what we make empowers athletes in every form to push themselves, to turn good into great, and to stay hungry for whatever comes next. And this is exactly what we expect from each other.
Working with us means one key thing: no matter what you do, you see every day and every project as a chance to push your field forward. In every store and every office, we build teams where everyone is an MVP. And together we tackle every challenge head on. Because we work to push the gear, the game, and ourselves farther.
We’re looking for people who do more than good work.
We’re looking for the Best in Every Game.
Under Armour is the chosen brand of this generation of athletes… and the athletes of tomorrow. We’re about performance – in training and on game day, in blistering heat and bitter cold. Whatever the conditions, whatever the sport, Under Armour delivers the advantage athletes have come to demand.
That demand has created an environment of growth. An environment where building a great team is vital. An environment where doing whatever it takes is the baseline and going above and beyond to protect the Brand is commonplace.
The world’s hungriest athletes live by a code, a pledge to themselves and everyone else: Protect This House… I Will. Our goal is to Build A Great Team! WILL YOU…PROTECT THIS HOUSE?!
Under Armour is looking for a Marketing Operations Associate based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. The position reports directly to the Marketing Operations Manager for Europe. The ideal candidate will have a record of brand planning, budget planning and reporting and has strong organizational and communication skills.
The position is responsible for setting up effective processes within the Marketing team, for all different functions; Brand Marketing, Sportsmarketing and PR. This role will be a coordinating role, since you will be looking into more efficient ways of sharing information, utilizing tools and clear communication between the EHQ and the different European markets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude but are not limited to the following:
- Lead communication and information processes between EHQ and territory. Communicate changes and new procedures in a simple and positive manner to the team.
- Have a good knowledge of the different tools used within the marketing team in order to be able to provide training to the teams in market.
- Implement and support the development of new information tools and reports in order to effectively manage sports marketing business information from contracts through to delivery.
- Budget Reporting: review the monthly budget planning across the markets.
- Be the lead contact person within SPM Operations for communication regarding athletes, Clubs, Global UA
- Be responsible for all contract payments for athletes, teams and events. Work with the Global Sports Marketing team, Legal department & Finance team.
- Develop a clear process for early seeding and in-season product orders together with our CS team and communicate this to the Brand and SPM teams in country.
- Create a seasonal photoshoot plan for our athletes together with the Category leads and Creative team, in alignment with the SPM managers.
- Support the Consumer engagement team in developing an Influencer Program.
- Streamline and improve the product imagery process, facilitate internal communication and visibility on availabilities.
- Support the PR lead in organizing PR or Influencer events by managing the logistics, communication and products.
TECHNICAL ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:include but are not limited to the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience, proven track record in brand and sports marketing experience within Europe across sports and/or lifestyle brand(s). (or equivalent combination of education and relation experience).
- Fluency of English, both conversational and written is an essential function.
- Experience working for either a start-up or high-growth organization is a plus.
- Prior experience working for an international brand with a strong, premium and distinct culture.
BEHAVIORAL ATTRIBUTES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:include but are not limited to the following:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with team members across all departments.
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure on multiple projects with different deadlines.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage budgets and budget planning.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large-scale inventories.
- Demonstrated ability of “thinking outside of the box”, when it comes to planning, reporting and information management.
- In-depth knowledge of different sport categories and knowledge of sports apparel and footwear.
- Team Player, loves being part of a team, both leading and serving; demonstrated deep commitment to colleagues.
- Humble & Hungry, confidence without arrogance; driven to continually “up their game” regardless of prior successes.
- Unparalleled Integrity, in good times and bad, lives the UA Way; takes ownership for mistakes; delivers tough messages directly; doesn’t “back-channel”.
- Action Oriented, “Can Do” and “does do” attitude; authentically engaged with people and situations.
- Accountable, commits to stretch goals and delivers; holds self to highest performance standards.
- “Gets” Under Armour, passionately embraces the challenge and effort to keep UA unique; committed to go the extra mile to build/protect the brand.
Under Armour is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to diversity in the workplace. We encourage qualified diverse candidates to apply. Under Armour does not discriminate against any candidate on the basis of race, gender, disability, religion, national origin, age, or any other protected category.